2018 SWPPA Conference Objectives and Goals
- Describe the lessons learned from the CHC rollout in Southwestern Pennsylvania for other Pennsylvania regions.
- Identify the policy and regulatory issues in 2018 and beyond and identify opportunities for advocacy in the coming year.
- Understand the impact of addiction in older adults and how communities are working to meet resident needs.
- Understand the cost of aging and the need for planning in the setting of the person’s choosing.
- Learn proven, effective ways to improve workforce recruitment and retention with real-world, successful strategies and results.
- Learn strategies that allow aging adults from the LGBT community to be embraced in a setting of their choice. Currently, services, both community and residential, can be a challenge for an LGBT older adult to navigate, but there are ways that the system can be improved to achieve a welcoming culture of care.
- Learn holistic approaches to healthy aging.
Rawle Andrews Jr., Esq. is a regional vice president and a member of the National Leadership Team of AARP. His duties include leadership of AARP’s operations in Pennsylvania, California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Ohio, and Texas. Previously, Rawle was the senior state director for AARP Maryland, the managing attorney of AARP’s Legal Counsel for the Elderly, and an adjunct professor at Georgetown University and the Howard University School of Law. He was in the private practice of law for 16 years before joining AARP; earning honors including the D.C. Bar’s 2006 Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year Award.
Presenter Stephen Tweed, CSP, has spent the last three decades working with home care and hospice organizations that want to grow and with home care leaders who want to get ready for the future.
He is Chairman and CEO of Leading Home Care … a Tweed Jeffries company. Stephen has authored or co-authored seven books written specifically for the home care industry and is the publisher of the industry’s leading electronic newsletter, Home Care CEO Report. Stephen is the Founder of The Home Care CEO Forum™ and Caregiver Quality Assurance®.